Skip to main content

The Secret

So today in our Philosophy lecture we were shown this documentary on "The Secret" based on the book by the same name. For those of you who have not read the book or seen the documentary I am going to give you a gist of it. It revolves around Law of Attraction, which basically means you get the thing or rather you attract the things you want. So if I keep on constantly thinking about how I might fail their is a very good chance that I might just fail because the universe gives you want you want.

So why am I writing about it? Well in the documentary it was said that it is just not thinking which helps you get something, the fulfillment of your thinking depends upon how you feel so if you have good feeling about a thing you would attract more of it. Also for the law of attraction to work you have to ask for what you want, like say it out loud or write it on a piece of paper, so here I'm writing it to you- I want my research paper which I am writing now to be published. Now I have to act as how I would feel when I get it so I get I would have to act like really happy and proud and gloat a bit. so check on that as well. Now the next step was being really happy for the things that are happening or the things that I already have, so I'm grateful for my good percentage, I'm grateful that I got into a good college and I'm grateful for my awesome and loving parents (I know it sounds clichéd but it is true) and grateful for my personality (come on it is pretty, for the lack of a better word, awesome as well).

I guess that's it I mean if I believe in Rhonda Byrne I should leave it at that but, I'm not going to so I will just go and well research, I'll keep you updated on my secret experiment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just job things.

Okay I don't have a job, yet. But I am doing this online internship where I just got promoted to editorial intern, so now I have to edit other interns article and then ask them to work on these changes and then keep them in toe with the deadlines. Now, this is my first week on this job/internship and I have this intern who is already a day late for the deadline, and my boss is like- "Make her correct the article and ensure that she sends the article in the time limit" and I have already sent her a reminder email, what more can I do. Since this is an online deal I can't even call her or anything. How the hell can I make her do any thing, I am so worried, because I want to be promoted further and now I am messing up on the first week of my internship itself. Also I am in a dilemma as to what should I tell my boss, shall I tell her that I have sent her the suggestions and changes as well as the reminder, or shall I just wait for the intern to reply and then just give ...

Percy jackson and the lighting theif

Today, i watched the movie Percy Jackson & the lighting thief it was very nice . I found it very entertaining .the thing which i loved about the movie was the perfect balance between fiction & reality. also the story line was very refreshing and innovative. Also i'm very interested in Greek mythologial characters that too was a great plus point in the movie.

The Epiphany

"All I need is the air I breath and a place to rest my head" - Say all I need, One Republic. This line with a change i.e.- All I need is the air I breath and a good book sums up my condition pretty aptly. I know I need a lot more things to survive but here I'm not talking about surviving but about living. All I need to live is the air I breath that's the bare necessity everything else is just secondary. My bare necessities are not all material things, all I need to survive and live a happy and fruitful life in these next five years is - the air I breath and my resolve. My resolve to grow and to help others. Well why am I writing these things is because lately I got sidetracked and started wishing for things or rather people whom I did not need. And well in needing them I actually forgot what I really wanted, my purpose, my goal. I forgot why was I here, why was I doing law. But today is the day I realized what are my true priorities and this is a post to commemo...